LEED for 住宅 Design and Construction
A home is more than just shelter: homes are the most important places in our lives. LEED certified green homes use less energy and fewer resources and are healthier for you and your family.
Impact for renters, owners and the environment
LEED-certified homes are designed to provide clean indoor air and ample natural light and to use safe building materials to ensure our comfort and good health. They help us reduce our energy and water consumption, thereby lowering utility bills each month, among other financial benefits. Using the strategies outlined in LEED, homeowners are having a net-positive impact on their communities.
LEED homes are also designed, constructed and operated to be resilient in adverse conditions and are developed with proactive design planning for potential impacts of catastrophic weather.
- Health: LEED homes are designed to maximize indoor fresh air and minimize exposure to airborne toxins and pollutants, making it healthier and more comfortable.
- Savings: LEED homes use less energy and water, which means lower utility bills. 平均, certified homes use 20 to 30 percent less energy than non-green homes, with some homes saving up to 60 percent.
- Value: With proper planning, LEED homes can be built for the same cost as non-green homes. LEED homes can qualify for discounted homeowner’s insurance, tax breaks and other incentives. 在很多市场上, certified green homes are now selling quicker and for more money than comparable non-green homes.
For better homes, accountability makes a difference. Through a carefully managed, 独立的, third-party verification system, LEED-certification affirms the integrity of green building commitments by ensuring project teams are delivering on design plans and goals. Third-party validation helps guarantee that each project saves energy, water and other resources, reducing overall environmental impact. 不走捷径.
How 认证 Works
- Determine your project type (Single Family, 多户家庭的 or 多户家庭的 Core and Shell). 查看 full list of LEED评定体系s.
- 选择优先级. LEED credits allow project teams to customize how they pursue LEED (ex. health, energy and water efficiency, resilience, etc.). 通过完成学分, project teams earn points that, 一旦加在一起, determine a project’s certification level. Learn more about LEED prerequisites and credits or access the LEED学分库.
- 组建你的团队. Goals and roles are key elements to consider when starting any project and it's no different in LEED. There could be several people who are members of the project team. All LEED residential project teams must include a LEED绿色评级, who performs the required onsite verification.
- 最后期限. 在任何时候, a LEED评定体系 is either open for registration and certification, closed for registration but open for certification or sunset (closed for both registration and certification). 查看截止日期 to make sure you know the status of your desired rating system/version.
- 费用. 查看收费表 to find the LEED registration and certification costs.
- 注册您的项目 in LEED在线 and follow the steps in the Guide to 认证 针对您的项目类型.
For projects in progress
There are a number of tools and resources available to support you when working on your LEED project including:
- LEED v4.1住宅 Single Family and 多户家庭的 resources
Visit USGBC’s 环保家居指南 for tips on making your home healthier and more sustainable. 欲知详情，请浏览 greenhomeguide.com